Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Black olive hummus

This is sooo good and making it myself will save a fortune over the price of a little container at the store! I haven't figured out how to cut the cost down on pita yet...still working on that.
Okay so I took a can of chickpeas and three cloves garlic and threw them in the food processor-pulsed until the chickpeas were lightly ground. Then I added 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1 cup tahini, some salt, 1/2 cup water and turned it on for 3 minutes. Added in some black olives and pulsed it again until they were just chopped. Topped with a little paprika and wala my dinner! Everyone else likes it okay but noone would eat it as a meal except me.
I followed a recipe from Vegetarian Classics and added black olives.

This recipe I'm adding 7-4-09 and I like it even more


2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
1/2 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
6 tablespoons lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper
Drain beans and reserve the liquid when you do so.
Blend beans, along with the other ingredients and 1/4 cup of the liquid.
Process until the mixture is smooth.
Add liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
Adjust seasonings alongwith more cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

2 comments:

Grandma Kris said...

I like hummus! This looks good! I can't see the olives though???

Brie said...

They're there...if you look for dark specks in the bigger picture you can see them but they are fairly well chopped=)