This recipe came through from Tee on recipe challenge just in time for me to be starving and come on to find a quick dinner. I didn't bother with crushing the onions but it would have made a finer "crust". This was SO good!!
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-1/3 cups french-fried onions, crushed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the onions, cheese and pepper. Dip both sides of chicken in barbecue sauce, then one side in onion mixture.
- Place chicken, crumb side up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-27 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 286 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Crunchy Onion Barbecue Chicken published in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p53