Friday, January 29, 2010

Whole Wheat Bread

I made this for Hunter's school lunches.   All bread at the store has things in it that I can't pronounce and Hunter needs the least amount of added chemicals possible.  Plus this will be super cheap compared to buying bread at the store!  I threw in some flax and sesame seeds too.


I got this recipe from about.com

Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Preparation:

Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions. When adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will insure the proper timing of the yeast reaction. Use Whole Wheat or Timed Cycle, or according to manufacturer's directions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't made bread in the longest time. I really should...We have cut way back on the amount of bread we eat though.