- This bread was delicious! It rose so much that I couldn't really put all the cheese on top or it would fall into the bottom of the bread machine. It took about an hour for it to be devoured by the family(with me only getting one tiny slice!).
Beer and Cheese Bread- Automatic Bread Machine
1 1/3 cups warm flat beer
- 4 1/2 cups white flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried herbs, of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Pour warm beer into bread maker pan.
- In a large bowl, fluff up or wisk gently together, flour, cheese, sugar and salt.
- Put this mixture on top of beer.
- sprinkle yeast over flour layer.
- near the end of baking, after bread has risen as high as it will get (last 1/2 hour left or so) quickly top loaf with remaining cup of cheese.
- Select "basic bread" and regular crust
- Baking time varies on your machine.