Monday, July 23, 2007

Carrot Souffle

I got this recipe off Recipezaar and finally found a recipe from there that we'd make again! I would love to try brown sugar in it next time.
My variations on the recipe--I chose to use 5 eggs in it and instead of a bit of the various spices I used 3 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice .
Ratings

Me 9
Hunter 10(I served this as a side dish and he told me it tastes more like a dessert)
Corrine 10 1/2

Carrot souffle
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen carrots (or - 1 large, 1 pound bag, peeled and sliced)
salt
1 cup milk or light cream
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
3-5 eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 dash ginger
1 dash allspice
1/4 lb butter
Cook carrots till 'very' tender in salted water.
Drain and mash.
Combine all ingredients and mix with an electric mixer till smooth.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.
If cooked a day ahead: Warm at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Humm.. I've never had a souffle..