Friday, December 08, 2006

Broiled Tilapia

I loved this week! Teresa gave us choices of main dishes and sides. I picked Broiled Tilapia Parmesan and Baked Corn. Both are going in the book!
This is the fish when it was cooked as directed. I always overcook my fish...I find noone(me included) will eat it if it's just flakey.


And here's my plate. The corn was fantastic...I added some salsa. Next time I would cut the butter WAY down to 1/4 cup or less.


Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, soft
3 tablespoon mayo
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a pan or line with foil. In a small bowl, mix together with cheese, butter, mayo, and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt. Mix well and set aside. Arrange fillets in a single layer. Broil a few inches from heat for 2 min. Flip and broil for 2 more min. Remove from oven and cover with the cheese mixture on top of fillets. Broil for 2 more min. or until topping is browned.

BAKED CORN

1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 can cream style corn
1 (8oz) sour cream
1 egg--beaten
1 pkg dry corn muffin mix
1/2 cup butter

Preheat oven to 350
Mix together the whole kernel corn, creamed corn, sour cream, and egg.
Add corn bread mix and butter. Mix all together and pour into 2 quart baking dish.
Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown.

No comments: