Friday, October 12, 2007

Hamburger Potato Casserole


This was something Teresa tried then Shar tried...they both liked it so we gave it a try too. Very tasty! I made cream soup substitute so there wouldn't be msg but that was the only change I made. It was very good!

Ratings

Me 9
Hunter 7
Corrine 9

Hamburger Potato Casserole INGREDIENTS
1 pound lean ground beef
3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup milk
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11x7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it!!!! Scott is already asking me to make it again.. i gotta go back into my recipes and make them more!

Anonymous said...

Yum! I have to try this sometime :)

Unknown said...

I must try this one, I've been seeing it everywhere