Friday, October 19, 2007

Three Cheese Mostaccioli Bolognese

This recipe was my choice for Tee's week. I've been on a pasta kick so this was perfect. I wish it called for more zucchini because that was my favorite part! The whole family enjoyed this meal. I served it with garlic toast and edamame.
I also learned that zucchini is the swollen ovary of the zucchini plant. I do believe I could have gone without knowing that...so I decided to share.


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or 1 jar (1 lb. 9 oz.) Prego® Organic Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
1 pkg. (16 oz.) mostaccioli or tube-shaped pasta (ziti) pasta, cooked and drained
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
Cook beef and garlic in 12" skillet until beef is browned, stirring to break up meat. Pour off fat. Add zucchini and cook until tender. Stir in sauce.
Stir beef mixture, pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese in 3-qt. shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 400°F. for 20 min. or until hot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks yummy, I'm just not sure we'd like it too much, I'm not crazy about Ricotta cheese... hm.. It looks great though!

Anonymous said...

that looks really good!!! not sure i needed to know that about the Zucchini either! lol