This is a recipe from Shar and it rocked!
I did the dough in the breadmaker.
chopping and filling=)
These were soooo good!
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup scalded milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
salt to taste
a drop of lemon juice
6 cups flour
Medium head of cabbage(sliced)
1 pound beef
1 medium onion(diced)
I put in the liquid ingredients then dry then sprinkled the yeast on the top and set my breadmaker for dough. Start with step 8...
Without a breadmaker...turn on your oven light now.
1. In a small bowl put in 1/2 cup warm water, 1/2 tsp sugar and one yeast package(2 1/4 tsp). Sit and let raise for 10 minutes.
2. While the yeast is raising, put 1 cup of milk in measuring cup or a bowl, drop in the 1/4 butter and put in the microwave on high until the butter is melted.
3. While those two are in the process, in a separate med. bowl mix the 1/2 cup sugar, one egg and salt with a spoon.
4. Add the hot milk into the sugar mix. Add a drop of lemon juice right into the bowl(approx one tbsp). Add the yeast that has been raised.
5. Add the flour, two cups at a time, until you feel like it's a good consistency to work with. Take dough out of the bowl and onto a floured surface. Knead a few times and get a nice ball of dough formed.
6. Place in a clean bowl and put into the oven(light turned on) for one hour.
7. Take out dough, knead again, take out all air bubbles. Make into a ball again and place back into the oven the same way for one more hour.
8. While the dough is raising again, start on the groutmere part of the buns. Brown ground beef in a pan. At the same time cook sliced cabbage and onions in another skillet/pan until soft. Drain fat from browned beef and add to the cabbage. Let cool.
9. Cut off pieces of the dough, roll it flat. By spoonfuls place onto the dough and make into a bun. Place on greased pansand yet again raise in the oven with light on for one more hour.
10. This time bake the groutmere at 350 degrees for approx 10 minutes until a nice golden brown forms on top. Brush with butter and serve warm.