Friday, September 21, 2007

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Time for zucchini bread! I've done butterscotch, plain, chocolate chip and others so I decided to try this one this time. Corrine asked how cocoa tastes so I gave her a little try...poor kid ;o)

This recipe came from Sandie on the recipe group and it was really good! Corrine is my picky eater and she ate half of the first loaf all by herself! Justin wasn't feeling well and wouldn't eat anything(except a few chocolate chips) all day and he ate some of this...it was a relief for him to get something nutritious!
I would totally make this again! 

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Beat eggs, add sugar and oil. Next add vanilla and zucchini.
Mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir until mixed.
Grease 2 loaf tins and bake 50-60 minutes at 350.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.. we ate up the last of our breads, gotta start from scratch again!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys liked it Brie! It's one of my fave things to bake! :)

Anonymous said...

oops!! Didn't mean to be anonymous!! Hit the wrong button!!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy!