Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Gingerbread Loaf



This is another recipe from Mandi's week. I was so expecting a really sweet bread and instead it's a very mild flavor. Nice as a basic bread so it's a good thing I used up the other bread I made for lunch sandwiches=))) Smells so good! The lemon icing would make it sweeter but it didn't sound good to me so I skipped it.


GINGERBREAD LOAF
Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf
3/4 c Milk
1/4 c Molasses
1 Egg
3 tb Applesauce
3 1/3 c Bread flour (I used white whole wheat again)
1 tb Brown sugar
3/4 ts Salt
3/4 ts Ground cinnamon
3/4 ts Ground ginger
1 ts Yeast
103 cal/oz
Put ingredients in machine according to custom. (I used the sweet bread setting)

LEMON ICING: In small mixing bowl stir 1/2 c sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 t vanilla, 1 t lemon juice & enough milk (1-3 t) to make an icing of drizzling consistency.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was thinking of trying this one! looks yummy :D

Unknown said...

Mmmmm... Yum

Anonymous said...

mmmm.. again, i can almost smell it!