Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whole Wheat Bread


I bought the flour to make another recipe and have the majority of the bag leftover so I made this bread and it's REALLY good! The honey was just enough sweetness and then I used flax and sesame seeds so there are little crunchies(that I LOVE). I've tried a lot of recipes in the bread machine and while they're okay this was I can truly say was SO good and I'd make it again. Since there's lots of flour left I just might=)

For 1 1/2 lb. bread machine
1 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons olive
1/4 cup honey
3 to 3 1/2 cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat
1/4 cup sesame or flax seeds, combination (optional)
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Program for basic white bread, and press Start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you always make the best breads, i feel like i can smell it!!!