Sunday, March 21, 2010

Artichoke Hearts and White Beans with Pasta

This was from this dairy free website.  I am not dairy free but the recipe fit with the beans and artichokes I wanted to use and I'm so glad I did!  Even when it was done I was worried we wouldn't like it but the only complaint came from Justin because he didn't like the artichokes but they were easily picked around :o)  I used dried beans and they were way softer than I'd wanted so with stirring they became mush...tasty mush though:)

Artichoke Hearts and White Beans with Pasta
Serves 4
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, with juice
1 can white beans
1 cup cooked pasta shells [use your favorite GF pasta for gluten-free]
Saute garlic and onion in deep skillet over medium heat for five minutes in
olive oil.
Add lemon juice, simmer for two minutes.
Add artichoke hearts with juice and simmer for another five minutes until
sauce is opaque.
Lower heat to medium low. Add white beans and cover skillet, allowing ten
minutes of cooking time. Add cooked pasta shells, mixing well. Serve with
red pepper flakes and [vegan "parmesan"] if desired.

No comments: