Monday, March 29, 2010

Persimmon Coconut Cake

While my internet was down I actually looked through my printed recipes and found this one.  Very german chocolate cake-ish with the nuts and coconut:)  I'm including the frosting recipe but I made up a buttercream with coconut.

Persimmon Coconut Cake
Grease a 9X13 pan
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups persimmon pulp
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut
Mix all ingredients a few at a time then fold in pecans and coconut.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the middle clean.

Coconut icing
1/4 cup margarine
8 ounce cream cheese(room temp)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut

Blend together then stir in nuts and coconut.  Keep refrigerated.

No comments: