Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dry Ranch Dressing Mix


I made this up myself to avoid msg in the usual brands. It was JUST like the name brand! I was low on parsley so I made a half batch which will work out well for us since I don't use a lot of ranch dressing. I may try this as a dip soon too but this time I used it in the chicken dish tonight.
15 saltines, finely crushed
2 cups minced parsley flakes, crushed
1/2 cup instant minced onion
2 tablespoons dry dill weed
1/4 cup onion salt
1/4 cup garlic salt
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup garlic powder

Put crackers through blender on high speed until powdered.
Add parsley, minced onions, and dill weed.
Blend again until powdered. Dump into bowl.
Stir in onion salt, garlic salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
For dressing use 1 tablespoon mix, 1 cup mayo, 1 cup buttermilk.

No comments: