Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bean and Beef Dish


I got this from the miserly moms site and everyone here loved it...we actually ran out so to make it again I need to figure out a way to double it. I used grands biscuits again and had to bake it about 30 minutes to get them to not be doughy. I'm putting the prices I actually paid...just lucked out with these deals:)

Bean & Beef Dish
Ingredients:
1# ground beef (99cents per pound)
1 can beans with MOLASSES (about 1.19--I couldn't find molasses so I got honey)
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
2 small biscuit tubes ( I used most of one can of grands and got them on sale with a coupon for .25)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( about 99 cents)

Brown ground beef. Drain and place in ungreased, round 1 1/2 qt casserole dish. Stir in beans, ketchup and brown sugar. Mix well. Take biscuits and cut in half so that one side is flat. Place in two rows around the casserole dish. ( LEAVE the middle open or the biscuits will not cook right). Sprinkle with cheese.Bake at 350 until the biscuits are done. ( about 20 minutes)




Submitted by: Anna Benneta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds so good, and what a nice cheap meal..love that! :)