Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Spinach and Artichoke Lasagna


I really liked this...the kids ate it and said it was good(although not great). I can't decide if I'd like it even more with the sauce portion doubled...it just didn't seem like as much sauce as a lasagna should have. I probably used a lot more than 3 cups of cheese too:)


Spinach & Artichoke Lasagna

9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
1 package frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed)
1 jar Alfredo sauce
3 C mozzarella cheese, divided

Cook lasagna noodles according to package. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add Alfredo sauce, spinach and artichokes and heat through. Spread ¼ of the sauce on the bottom of greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with 3 noodles and ¾ C cheese. Repeat with 2 remaining layers. Bake covered at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove cover and bake until cheese starts to brown. Let set 5 minutes before cutting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Since I started making my own alfredo sauce that canned sauce always has an odd flavor... this looks way tasy to me!!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm!!!! this looks so unique and i love that!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM! I definitely would like to try this sometime :)